If you love chocolate as much as I do, or as much as the rest of the world does, you will love these fudgy Nutella chocolate brownies! They’re really easy to make, you don’t need anything that you probably don’t already have in your kitchen and there’s not much of a mess to clean up after!
Oh, and you don’t even need to bother getting the electric mixer out for this recipe. Just grab a bowl and spoon and away you go! Is that simple.
- 115 grams butter
- 100 grams chocolate (I used a cheap one especially for baking, but I’m sure you can use whatever brand you want)
- 300 grams Nutella
- 190 grams sugar*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 90 grams plain flour
*if you’re gonna use a super sweet chocolate, you might wanna use less sugar.
- Grease a square 8 inch cake tin with butter (or you can just use baking paper). Pop the butter and dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place over a medium saucepan that is filled with a bit of water -you need to make sure the bottom of the bowl will not touch the water below. Place on the stove on low heat and stir until the chocolate and butter start to melt. When they are nearly completely melted, add 1/2 cup of Nutella and stir until the mixture is completely creamy and smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat and leave it to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 160 C. Add the sugar and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and stir with a wooden spoon. Add the eggs, one at a time and stir gently. Then sift in the flour and stir until the brownie mixture is smooth. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared tin. Then dollop the other 1/2 cup of Nutella all over the top and use a butter knife to make a few swirls.
- Bake the brownie for about 30-35 minutes or until cooked through. It should have a nice cracked top and no longer wobble in the middle. Leave to cool completely.
Easy like Sunday morning, right? This batch didn’t last more than 2 hours in my home – don’t ask how or why!