If you’re looking for the easiest yet super delicious salmon recipe, you’re in the right place. I’m going to show you how I make the best salmon recipe ever. It couldn’t be easier or more fool-proof.
You basically don’t need anything else besides salmon fillet and that’s what so great about it. The crispiness doesn’t come from any fancy or elaborate batter – it comes from pan searing the outer flesh in a hot pan for a couple of minute before finishing it off in the oven.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- skin-on salmon fillets
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Heat a large pan over high heat. While the pan is preheating, brush you salmon fillets evenly on both sides with olive oil and season the flesh side with salt and pepper.
- Place fish into pan, flesh side down and allow to sear for about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip fish to the skin side* and pop it into the preheated oven.
- Cook for about 10-12 minutes and enjoy!
- it’s really important to cook your salmon in the oven skin side down – the skin works to protect the more delicate flesh from over cooking.
It literally can’t get easier than this.
When I am making salmon, I like to bake some potatoes at the same time – so the whole dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic or whatever seasoning you preffer; toss until the potatoes are well coated. Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan and spread out into 1 layer. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking in order to ensure even browning.
Remove the potatoes from the oven, toss with cheddar cheese and wait until it melts. Enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?